Part of the fun of being on holiday is trying local dishes at restaurants. A few tips to help prevent any upset stomachs.
- Eat sensibly and in moderation as you would at home.
- The tap water is declared as safe by the authorities, but everyone drinks bottled water. But no need to worry about ice or how your salad has been washed.
- It is customary to leave a tip of around 10%. Many of the staff do rely on tips to supplement their wages.
- Most family style restaurants in the resorts will have menus in English. Waiters tend to also speak good English in Menorca and are pleasant.
- You will find many familiar dishes on most menus – steak, pastas, pizza, but always ask for the menu of the day as it is often extremely good and great value.
- The Spanish eat much later than the British. They will tend to have lunch between 2.30pm and 3.00pm and dinner after 9.00pm. So, don’t be surprised if some restaurants are quieter than usual when you sit down and full when you are leaving.