Roqueta magazine was first launched in 1973. It has been described as a ‘Window on Menorca’ or a ‘Chronicle of Life on Menorca’. It is the much-loved magazine for English speaking residents and visitors who want to find out what is happening, how they can get involved and how to get maximum enjoyment out of their time spent on the island.
Each month we have regular features including:
- Island News – a round up of news from the local papers
- Eating Out Guide – Restaurant and Wine recommendations
- What’s On – your guide to the year ahead including music, fiestas and exhibitions
- Environmental and Sustainability issues
- Interviews with many of the fascinating people who live on the island
- Grapevine – people stories
- Made in Menorca – Jewelry, art, fashion and much more
- Property News
- Island History
- The outdoors – walks, bike rides, guided tours
- Nutrition, Fitness and Spiritual Wellbeing
- Association and Society reports
- Sports events and activities
In addition, there will be special features on current issues such as Brexit and visas, solar energy installations, electric cars, buying local, sustainable gardens, coastal regulations, tourist licenses, new pet laws and much more.
John and I have lived in Menorca for over 20 years. We were interviewed by Anabel (Editor and guardian of the magazine for over 40 years) for Grapevine when we first arrived in Ciutadella in 2002 to start our business Holiday Hires… and yes, we are still together! For 15 years we ran the RYA sailing school and yacht charter business in Mahon. I worked as an Editor in publishing for much of my career in the UK, and John has experience in print production and new technologies. We always had one eye on the magazine and we are delighted to have been able to take over the helm from Angie and Duncan.
Our aim is to investigate and uncover the exciting things that are happening all over the island and to talk to the people involved. We will then present these stories to you in a way which we hope will be informative, entertaining and always helpful.
Liz and John
Editor and Publisher